Sunday, January 31, 2010

Brick And Mortar Sabina, New York How Long Does It Take For New Brick Mortar To Reach Its Final Color?

How long does it take for new brick mortar to reach its final color? - brick and mortar sabina, new york

I had done some repairs to brick my house recently. The house is less than 1 years. The existing mortar is the standard white appearance, but the new mortar is much grayer. The color of the new mortar is very similar to the fresh concrete. The new mortar in place for just over 2 weeks. The temperature was about 60-70 F during the day and 30-50 F at night. The contractor told me that in a few months ago, when they fully recover, but I realized that even juices clinging mortar, is the face of some of the stones very gray. I think this little corner of the mortar was now completely healed. The contractor says he uses a "standard mortar" gray. He said that the mortar can vary depending on color, binding, etc. used by the amount of sand, but by actually using the bag of mortar I suppose the elimination of these variables. Any tips? I'm worried about nothing?

3 comments:

cruz734 said...

Probably 2 types of mortars were used, and we see the final color. Your contractor is in neutral and I hope you learn to live with it. The bag of mortar mixed with sand and water, so you do not remove this variable.

whitewas... said...

When its dry,,, That's All

travelle... said...

nothing serious, probably a mixture of adifference Motaro

Post a Comment